Wed 05 September 2012
citybooks downloaded 45,000 times in July & August
In September, the final two publications of citybooks will appear in the Flemish newspaper De Morgen. Wednesday 5th of September’s edition featured Peter Holvoet-Hanssens De missie in Oostende (The Mission in Ostend), and the following week’s will see the turn of Marjolijn Februari’s (photo) brand new citybook about Turnhout, Ondergrondse fuifzaal (Underground Party Room). Following its De Morgen publication, Ondergrondse fuifzaal will also be published at www.city-books.eu, alongside the English and French translations.
Thanks to the publication of citybooks in De Morgen and on the website of De Groene Amsterdammer, more and more people are discovering these unique city portraits. And our download figures confirm that a half-hour citybook audio book is the ideal holiday literature: in August alone the podcasts were downloaded more than 26,000 times!
TOP 5 (July and August 2012)
1. Arnon Grunberg (Lublin): A Reported Offence
2. Thomas Gunzig (Charleroi): The Reservation
3. Onno Kosters (Graz): Gravity and Counterweight
4. Abdelkader Benali (Sheffield and Skopje): Down and Dirty in Sheffield and Warrior on a Horse
5. Lasha Bugadze (Tbilisi): A Song for Tbilisi
TOP 5 (January 2012 until now)
1. Abdelkader Benali (Sheffield and Skopje): Down and Dirty in Sheffield and Warrior on a Horse
2. Bernard Dewulf (Ostend): Snippets from Ostend
3. Simone Lenaerts (Graz): A Scrap of Time
4. Saskia de Coster (Skopje): One-Hundred-and-Forty Kilos of Love
5. Toast Coetzer (Grahamstown): I am Sitting in the Sea
- Subscribe to the mailing list and we'll keep you up to date with the publication of new citybooks on our website, as well as all other citybooks activities, both online and offline.
comment on this article
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.